Divorce and Separation
Helen Dickie heads up our family team and has many years of helping clients through divorce proceedings and separation.
Helen and her team will support you through this emotional time, get to know you and your situation and ensure they provide the best service and advice.
There is one ground for divorce and that is the irretrievable breakdown of marriage, upon which you must petition based on one of five facts;
The most common fact for divorce is unreasonable behaviour, in either situation we can advise and support you.
To prove there are sufficient reasons for a divorce, we will need to establish that:
- Your partner’s behaviour has become intolerable and you are not able to live with them any longer.
- Your partner has committed adultery and you are unable to continue to live with them.
- You have not lived with your partner for more than 5 years.
- Your partner has left you for a period of 2 years or more.
- You have not lived with your partner for more than 2 years and they agree to the divorce.
If you are in any doubt whether any of the above applies to you, get in touch with our team and let us help.
Protecting your finances through separation and divorce
We can provide advice in relation to your finances to ensure that you are financially protected through the proceedings.
If you have children when your relationship ends, you will have to make arrangements as to where your children will live and how much time they will spend with each of you. This is an exceptionally emotional time and we can guide you through this process to ensure we get the best outcome for you.
Contact Helen by telephone on 02920 625 835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org